Saturday, February 23, 2008

"...whatever most excites you to this"

It is not so essential to think much as to love much; therefore practice whatever most excites you to this.- St. Teresa of Avila
I read this on Ali’s blog tonight. I tried to think of what I could do with my life that excited me to love... the only answer I could come up with was music. When I play music, it brings out the good things inside of me, and it helps to alleviate the bad things by letting me open myself up enough to shed some light on the bad things, without them having to be fully exposed to the world. It is in this quote that I continue to move towards becoming a music major, and find that music might be the thing that I’m truly good at, it is the thing that excites me in a way that nothing else does, and it engages my mind in every way that I find so hard to find. It excites me to love.

No comments: