Friday, May 2, 2008

yeeesssss

The semester's over.... its.... nice. I am pleasantly surprised by how it ended. I walked out of my international politics final with my paper in hand..... it had a big fat 92 written on it... I was blown away. Not that I didn't put enough work into the thing, but I definitely failed to answer about half the questions on the list of things that our teacher wanted. If I had put them all in the thing would have been anywhere from 30-45 pages, I mean, it was an ethnic conflict paper on the Hutu-Tutsi conflict, not just in Rwanda, but all over Africa... because it stretches that far.
Anyway, its nice to be done, I really feel like this last week has been the most.... school-like of the entire semester. The rest of its kind of felt like a dream, but this week, I don't know, I feel like it all clicked, it was weird.

I head home on Tuesday, and, again, I'm pretty excited. Oh, you may be wondering why I called it home. Here's my logic: anywhere place that you long for when you aren't there is home. Its true for Chicago, its true for Nashville, and its true for Africa.... I gotta get back there sometime soon, the homesickness is piling up.
Peace.

1 comment:

Julia said...

you should come with me to visit the chapmans.