Friday, April 25, 2008

Class is over

As I am not going to my final class of this semester I am officially done with class. I still have finals next week, which only one of them is going to suck, and, like, its going to suck big time. International Politics has been a complete bitch this entire semester, this next week will be no different.

I changed my major this week, I am now officially a music major, and I couldn't be happier. Even though I know its going to be hard beyond reason, I'll be interested and involved in the subject matter personally, so I'll be able to struggle through it and feel like it had some purpose, which, I believe that it does. I have been resisting it for so long now because I didn't want to pick something "selfish", but what I think I've come to is that if I'm happy I'll be able to spread that happiness to other people and be more whole as a person if I choose something that brings me life. I switched from Theology because I realized that when its all said and done, and college is over, I don't really want to have this body of knowledge that involves theories about things that are out there.... instead I want to have some practical skill, and I've always found music to be incredible practical, that may sound weird, but I believe that if you have the ability to sing, play guitar, play piano, compose, and just have a broad knowledge of music theory, you can actually find a job. Of course I may have to live in Nashville for the rest of my life, because that's the only place that that sort of work is in abundance, but I love Nashville, so I wouldn't complain too much. So yeah, Jeffrey is now officially a music major, and couldn't be happier with his decision.

I also got my two acoustic guitars recently, and they are absolutely wonderful. I'll be done with class in a week and I will be able to get back to writing and recording music again, and hopefully find some time to read, too, which I am greatly enthused about.
Anyhoo, I just wanted to update because lots of things have been happening.
peace.

No comments: